Your Companion and Guide on This Leg of Your Journey
With my website, blog, podcasts and YouTube channel (coming soon!), my number one goal is to provide access to a wealth of information curated to support and empower you to find balance within your mind, body and spirit.
When your thoughts, words and actions are aligned;
that's when magic happens in your life!
What do I have to offer you...
- Practical metaphysics without the WOO (well, maybe just a little bit.)
- Arcane, esoteric concepts broken down and simplified.
- Science & Spirituality are given EQUAL respect.
- Your spirituality is your own, but many of us need a safe place to explore what makes your life rich, fulfilling and rewarding. Welcome home.
- Information and classes on science, practical spirituality and metaphysics you'll find useful.
- There is no "This is THE way..." here, only "This is A way...one of many paths leading to the same destination..."
- Trust that you can govern your own life, and don't really need "help," just love, acceptance, and support.
- A joyful congruence of body, mind and spirit.
- Most of all, this is a judgement-free zone, and I do not tolerate belittling, berating, or dehumanization on any level. We love and support you as you are.
This is a place of unconditional love, respect, acceptance, support and empowerment.
My most fundamental beliefs...
- There are at least 7 BILLION paths to happiness and fulfillment...and counting...
- We are created in the image and likeness of God (Creative Source, Spirit, the Universe, Divine I use them all interchangeably but they are all the same thing, so pick whatever noun works best for you and feel free to insert it.)
- Because we are composed by God, we have access to the power of God in every cell of our beings.
- Human beings are the bridge between the etheric and material realms.
- Creativity does not belong to us, but to God.
- Human beings were created to receive God's Creative Consciousness, assemble it in the material form, and disseminate it by putting it out into the world.
- Forgiveness is the foundation of health, wellness, and all personal growth and development.
- Without forgiveness, your efforts are limited at best, and fruitless at worst.
- Learning to know the difference between your Ego and Intuition is the second most important step on an individual's evolutionary journey.
- The only thing that stops you from the ability to have, do, or be anything you want, is your thinking, and your story about why you cannot have, do, or embody it.
- Change your thinking, you can change your life.
- We all chase happiness and fulfillment, in one form, or another, as if it were a prize. The paradox is, the more we chase happiness, the more it becomes an elusive thing; but embrace life fully - the good and the bad - and you exude happiness without effort.
- Indeed, the more you seek happiness outside of yourself, the more it taunts you by perpetually whispering, enticing, and teasing just beyond the end of your fingertips. Never quite grasped.
- Seek to learn new things, love unconditionally, allow pain to run its course, embrace life fully, live deeply, and happiness sidles up next to you like a hungry lover. It coils itself around you, invades your being, and permeates the very marrow of your bones.
No Nega-phobia Here
Fair warning: my ideas aren’t conventional. In our current culture, there is enormous pressure to stamp out perceived “negativity” and ONLY be positive, uplifting and inspiring. Personally, I find forced positivity as exhausting as perpetual melodrama, so you’ll find my writing is not ALWAYS Pollyannaesque. Evocative and inspiring, yes. Fake, no.
In every section of my website you’ll find content meant to stir your soul, and help you look deeply within yourself to find the answers you’re looking for.
To that end…
With my blog I’ll explore ideas and information to support you on your path to open your heart and mind as you
- Explore your personal path to happiness and fulfillment
- Embody what you discover along the way, so that you
- Evolve toward your full, magnificent potential
Explore. Embody. Evolve.
My blog is about finding Bliss and Joy that are REAL, not contrived, and incorporating what you discover into your everyday life.
- It’s about experiencing life fully, richly, and deeply with integrity and compassion for yourself and others.
- It’s about accepting your light, facing your fear, and finding the gifts hidden in the light, and in the darkness too.
- It’s about experiencing the whole range of emotions which make life such a magnificent ride, and expressing them healthfully.
- It's about rediscovering and reclaiming your spark.
It's about embracing yourself, as you are, not as you tell yourself you'd like to be.
It's never too late to learn!
You'll find lots of useful information in my classes on science, practical spirituality and metaphysics.
We're talking about practical metaphysics without the WOO (well, maybe just a little bit), and how you can apply it to your own life.
Arcane, esoteric concepts broken-down and simplified in a format where Science & Spirituality are given EQUAL respect.
My best friend and business partner, Kim Forman (check out her blog underthekimfluence) and I created the Go Deeper Podcast where we slide beneath the surface of ideas, information, and events to explore what they bring to the human experience at the elemental level.
That's Kim and I on the left. We call ourselves "The Dorksie Twins!" You can find the Go Deeper Podcast on all the podcast outlets like iTunes, iHeartRadio and GooglePlay, of course, or you can listen from our website too.
I’m creating an interview format podcast, which will Launch on March 1, 2017! It's called the Congruence Hub Podcast and is a project I'm very excited about. I'm lining up folks to interview that will bring you new ideas and information on the cutting edge of science & spirituality, who will empower us to create congruence in our mind, body and spirit.
Why? Because it does not matter what your age is, when your thoughts, words and actions are congruent and aligned; that's when magic happens in your life!
In short, my blog, classes and podcasts are all about looking within yourself to find the answers you seek to help you embrace life and discover your bliss!!
You'll see sunflowers everywhere on my website and social media. Why sunflowers? They're my talisman. Because every morning they're in bloom sunflowers face east, as if eagerly waiting for the rising sun to shine on them. So bright and cheery, sunflowers remind me that no matter how dark it gets, and it can get pretty dark at times, to look for the light because it's on its way!!! :-)
Cindy Bischoff's Bio
Who is this wild woman who encourages you to explore, embody and evolve?
My Street Cred
Having lived through a hellish childhood, being a high school drop-out, and morbid obesity, I can honestly say, there is NOTHING I would change about my life.
I'm 52, and am just now hitting my stride career-wise. I did everything backward - had my children first, was a wife, mother and homemaker FIRST, then went to college - so I guess you could say I'm a late bloomer! ;-)
High school drop-out? Not anymore! Actually, I started at a community college in my early-mid 30's, and it took me 14 years to get my Bachelor's Degree! Crazy, right?! After awhile, I didn't even want it anymore, but had invested too much time, and owed too much money to have nothing to show for it! Plus, I am an intelligent woman, and despised being labeled as a loser for not completing high school. But I did it, and earned a BA in English/Creative Writing from the University of Colorado - Boulder. Go Buffs!
I overcame a paralyzing fear of public speaking, and am now a Certified Advanced Communicator - Bronze, Competent Leader, and executive club officer with Toastmasters International, who has won numerous speaking awards at the club level. Woot woot!
In my quest to overcome a hellish childhood, live and love healthfully and deeply, and share my experience of life eloquently, I had to learn to make fear and failure my bitch. To do so, I spent the majority of my adult life winning and losing various battles to embrace fear, and cultivate the skills necessary to communicate my story effectively. I learned there is enormous power in so-called negative feelings/emotions that, when harnessed constructively, provide spiritual rocket fuel you can propel your life forward far more efficiently and quickly than positive affirmations you really don't believe ever will!
Don't worry, we'll talk a lot about that!
In my journey to find the right creative outlet for my writing, I've written a super trashy romance novel, which mercifully didn't sell because it was pretty awful; won a Bronze Award in the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller category at WorldFest Houston (Houston's International Film Festival) for a screenplay I co-wrote with my ex-husband; and even worked as a technical writer at NASA's National Snow & Ice Data Center. Novel writing felt tedious. Screenwriting was too. Technical writing sucked the joy from writing for me. Plus, I was constantly being disciplined for making microbes in the melt-ponds of the Tibetan Plateau sound "too friendly." Then I discovered the joy of sharing my experience of life via posting my philosophical musings on my Facebook status, and eventually fell head over heals in love with blogging, and non-fiction writing. Although I've been writing in obscurity for decades, I found my writing niche in my late forties. Better late than never, right?
Nothing is off limits here. Nothing is taboo. Together, we'll explore the everything from the foundation to the higher realms of spirituality, the creation of the vast universe, and walk the bridge between science and spirituality. We'll explore what it means to embody happiness, and to forgive the unforgivable.
As I said before, I am a metaphysician & mystic, whose work empowers others to accept themselves as they are, and embrace life fully. Not just the good stuff, but all of it! I am a writer, speaker, blogger, & podcaster, and co-host the “Go Deeper” podcast with my BFF, and fellow Dorksie Twin, Kim Forman. (You can find Kim on her blog UnderTheKimfluence.) I'm also the host of the “Congruence Hub Podcast” which will launch on March 1, 2017. If you've found me here on my website, then you know that I blog at www.cindybischoff.com.
Opening My Closet
What qualifies me to write about forgiving the unforgivable? The day after my 17th birthday, my step-father attached me. I cannot say he tried to rape me, but I cannot say he didn't either. When all was said and done, my mother, who was my whole world, kicked me out of the house. The following year, at 18, I was attacked by a stranger. I wasn't raped. I was murdered. Strangled, and left for dead.
Two polarizing events that made me the fantastic woman I am proud to be. I know what it is to bury pain and fear. I know what it is the hide from the world for decades. I know what it is to dig it all up, to forgive, and find joy, peace and release.
I will show you how I did it. You can take what makes sense to you, and apply it to your life. Please feel free to discard what doesn't work for you, and to share your ideas with our community.